Learn more about Austin Baptist Church.
What We Believe
- Bible: The Bible is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It was written by human authors under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Scriptures are our authority, our guide, and they are without error. (Psalm 19:7-10, Psalm 119:105, Hebrews 4:12, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21).
- God: One God reigns over all of creation. Our triune God eternally exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is the creator, redeemer, and ruler of the universe and He wants people to know Him. (Genesis 1:1, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, Hebrews 11:6, 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- Humanity: God made men and women in His image, and He made them different than the rest of creation. Mankind was made to be like Him in character and to walk with Him in relationship. However, sin separated Adam and Eve from God, and it separates us from Him as well. (Genesis 1:27, Psalm 8:3-6, Romans 3:23, 5:12).
- Salvation: Because of His great mercy and grace, God sent his Son to fix man’s sin problem. Jesus Christ lived the perfect life we could not live, He died the death that we deserved, and He was raised from the dead on the 3rd day so we could also experience new life. Salvation is a free gift that comes by grace and through faith in Jesus Christ alone. We believe Jesus will return one day to defeat Satan, judge the wicked, and reign as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (John 3:16, John 14:1-6, 2 Corinthians 5:17-21, Ephesians 2:8-9).
- Eternity: You were made to live forever. The Bible teaches that all of us will exist eternally, and Heaven and Hell are real places. Some will live eternally separated from God because of sin, while others will live eternally with Him because of salvation through Jesus Christ. Our gracious God invites us through His Son to live with Him forever. (John 3:16; Luke 13:22-40, 16:26; Revelation 20:11-15, 21:1-8).
- Believer’s Baptism: We baptize believers in imitation of Jesus Christ and in obedience to His divine command. The New Testament teaches baptism is to take place after a person has placed their faith in Jesus Christ, and it is to be conducted by immersion. Baptism by immersion illustrates the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and it communicates our identification with His saving work in our lives. (Matthew 3:13-17, Matthew 28:18-20, Colossians 2:12, Acts 8:35-38, Romans 6:3-5).
- Lord’s Supper: The Lord’s Supper is an ordinance of the church. Jesus commanded His followers to take this symbolic meal together in community. Taking the bread and the cup is a public proclamation of His death, and a joyful anticipation of His second coming. We observe this meal together in our worship services at ABC several times a year. (Matthew 26:26-30, 1 Corinthians 11:23-28, Acts 2:41-42).
- Church: The church is a group of people, it is not a building. Jesus created the church and promised to build it from Heaven. He serves as our great chief shepherd, and God’s Word is our guide. The church provides fellowship, teaching, community, and accountability for God’s people. Believers are called to belong to a church and use their gifts to build it up. We believe in the local autonomy of the church. We cooperate with other Baptist churches (SBC and Texas Baptists) to support missionaries and expand ministries around the world. (Matthew 16:18, Acts 2:42, 1 Peter 4:10, 5:4; Hebrews 10:24-25).
Contact us at email@example.com